CRC 1114 Spring School: Methods for Particle Systems with Multiple Scales
Date: May 29 - June 2, 2017
Venue: WIAS, Mohrenstr. 39, 10117 Berlin
As a part of the CRC 1114 PhD program, a week-long CRC School takes place every year. The CRC Schools offer advanced scientific courses in CRC-related topics, held by the principal investigators of the CRC and international guests. The topic of the CRC Spring School 2017 is Methods for Particle Systems with Multiple Scales. The program consists of mini courses by renowned international guests, talks by CRC 1114 members and presentations by the participating PhD students.
RegistrationPlease note that places are limited and participation is possible only upon prior registration via email to nina.fabjancic[at]fu-berlin.de. The registration deadline is 12 May 2017.
- Joep Evers (Dalhousie University Halifax) - Evolution equations for systems driven by social or biological interactions
- Ben Leimkuhler (University of Edinburgh) - Molecular Dynamics
- Tiejun Li (Peking University) - Averaging of the multiscale systems, energy landscape and large deviations, and two-scale large deviations for chemical reaction kinetics
- Bettina Keller (FU Berlin, CRC 1114) - Analyzing molecular dynamics simulations - Markov state models and the variational approach to molecular dynamics
- Robert Patterson (WIAS, CRC 1114) - Stochastic Soot Simulation
- Sebastian Reich (University of Potsdam, CRC 1114) - Playing games with data: Interacting particle approximations for assimilation of data into dynamical systems
Preliminary programA preliminary program can be downloaded here.
Contact and further information
CRC 1114 / Freie Universität Berlin
Coordinator PhD program
Tel: +49 (0)30 838-60935