Energetic Methods for Multi-Component Reactive Mixtures
Modelling, Stability, and Asymptotic Analysis
September 13–15, 2023
EMRM 2023 is devoted to the mathematical analysis of PDE models for multi-component reactive mixtures. Main topics are
- diffusion models,
- hydrodynamic models,
- hyperbolic–parabolic systems,
- asymptotic analysis.
The workshop places particular emphasis on methods based on an energy or entropy structure, which have proved crucial for questions concerning existence, stability, and the study of asymptotic limits. EMRM 2023 will specifically address problems related to
- chemical reaction–diffusion processes,
- biological transport and cross-diffusion phenomena,
- multi-phase flows in hydrodynamics.
EMRM 2023 shall provide a platform for experts and early-career researchers to discuss current research results and future directions.
We refer to the poster of our workshop for a condensed version of the information provided below.
- Miroslav Bulíček (Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic)
- Martin Burger (DESY & University of Hamburg, Germany)
- Cleopatra Christoforou (University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Virginie Ehrlacher (École des Ponts ParisTech, France)
- Klemens Fellner (University of Graz, Austria)
- Julian Fischer (ISTA, Klosterneuburg, Austria)
- Vincent Giovangigli (École Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France)
- Benoît Perthame (Sorbonne Université, Paris, France)
- Agnieszka Świerczewska-Gwiazda (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- Ewelina Zatorska (Imperial College London, United Kingdom)
EMRM 2023 starts on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 in the morning and ends on Friday, September 15, 2023 around noon. There will be 10 keynote lectures of about 40 minutes as well as several short communications and posters. On Thursday evening, we will have a workshop dinner.
Contributed Talks and Posters
Participants are welcome to submit an abstract for a contributed talk or poster. The deadline for abstract submission is June 30, 2023. Please use the LaTeX template abstract-template-EMRM2023.tex and submit it to EMRM2023@wias-berlin.de. Your abstract should not exceed one page.
In case you submitted an abstract, we will contact you by July 16, 2023 concerning the acceptance of your abstract.
Registration is mandatory for all participants. Please use this online form to register.
- Early-bird fee: 80 EUR until July 31, 2023
- Standard fee: 100 EUR until September 10, 2023
After you received the confirmation of your registration, please remit the conference fee via bank transfer to the following account:
- Account holder: Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V.
- Credit institute and address: Commerzbank AG, Tempelhofer Damm 182, 12099 Berlin, Germany
- Swift Code / BIC: COBADEFFXXX (note that “O” here denotes the letter in the alphabet)
- IBAN: DE45 1004 0000 0520 4300 02
- Purpose: EMRM 2023 - [YOUR LAST NAME] [YOUR FIRST NAME]
- VAT number of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V.: DE 136785011
Please note that the payment of 80 EUR must be received by July 31, 2023 if you want to pay the early-bird fee. Otherwise, the payment of 100 EUR must be received by September 10, 2023 if you want to participate in the workshop. Upon arrival at the registration desk, all participants receive a confirmation of payment, including VAT or other specifications.
Depending on the spread of Covid and the legal regulations during the workshop, various safety measures might be in effect. In any case, we assume no liability for a possible covid infection that coincides with the visit of our event.
Here are some places to have lunch, most of which are in close vicinity to WIAS:
- Lunch Time – pizza, pasta, and salads
- Chupenga – burritos, tacos
- Little Green Rabbit – fresh salads, hearty soups and baked potatoes
- MALOA Poké Bowl – Hawaiian bowls
- Nanoosh – falafel wraps, Mediterranean salads, and hummus
- Frittenwerk – french fries meet diverse street food creations
- Fontana di Trevi – antipasti, pasta, pizza, main dishes, business lunch
- Thu My Marie Concept – Asian fusion cuisine
- Spätzle Club – schnitzel, goulash, Swabian spätzle and maultaschen
- Spitteleck Berlin – savory regional and German cuisine
- Food trucks on Spittelmarkt (only Wednesday and Friday) – vegan sandwiches, Asian dishes, pasta, baked potatoes, etc.
- Bakery Steinecke – snacks, cakes, coffee
- Q Burger – creative burgers (10min to walk)
- Huong Sen – Vietnamese cuisine (10min to walk)
- Katharina Hopf (WIAS Berlin)
- Ansgar Jüngel (TU Wien)
- Michael Kniely (WIAS Berlin)
- WIAS Berlin, Mohrenstrasse 39, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Email: EMRM2023@wias-berlin.de