Prof. Michael Hintermüller
- Director of the Weierstrass Institute,
Head of the Research Group "Nonsmooth Variational Problems and Operator Equations"
- Professor for Applied Mathematics
at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Spokesman of
The Berlin Mathematics Research Center MATH+ (Center of Excellence)
Current research interests comprise the theory, design and analysis of algorithms in:
- Mathematical Image Processing
- MPECs in Function Space
- Nonsmooth Optimization
- PDE-Constrained Optimization
- Shape and Topology Optimization
Recent applications include:
- Elasticity: contact, cracks, etc.
- Image deblurring, denoising, demodulation and segmentation
- Interface and free boundary problems
- Modelling, simulation and optimization in the context of gas networks
- Optimal control of multiphase flows and droplets
Further information on teaching, research and other activities can be obtained by navigating through the menu-bar on the right hand side.