From particle systems to differential equations
The main purpose of this workshop is to bring the two fields of analysis and stochastic processes together and to understand, from various points of view, how a macroscopic picture arises from microscopically defined random interacting particle systems.
In the three mornings, there will be two minicourses (each 3 times 90 minutes) delivered by
- Mario Pulvirenti (Università di Roma La Sapienza)
talk-1 talk-2 talk-3
- Stefano Olla (CEREMADE, Paris)
- Michael Herrmann (Universität des Saarlandes)
- Claudio Landim (IMPA, Rio de Janeiro)
- Alexander Mielke (WIAS)
- Robert Patterson (WIAS)
- Michiel Renger (Eindhoven University of Technology)
- Wojciech de Roeck (Universität Heidelberg)
- Wolfgang Wagner (WIAS)
Wolfgang Dreyer, Alexander Mielke, Wolfgang König
RegistrationAll those interested are welcome. No registration necessary.
The workshop will take place in the Erhard-Schmidt lecture room (ground floor) at Weierstrass Institute, Mohrenstrasse 39, 10117 Berlin, Germany.