Mohammad Hassan Farshbaf Shaker, Dirk Peschka, Sven Tornquist, Andrea Zafferi
- Luca Heltai is a Long Term Visiting Researcher of the Weierstrass Group for the period 01.06. -- 31.07.2019
- thermodynamically consistent modeling of bulk-interface interaction with dissipative, Hamiltonian, and coupled dynamics,
- theory for the existence and qualitative properties of solutions,
- derivation and justification of interfacial processes and coupling conditions.
- dissipative processes in elastic solids with bulk-interface interaction (M. Thomas, S. Tornquist), such as e.g. damage, fracture, plastification,
- optoelectronic processes in semiconductor devices (M. Thomas, D. Peschka),
- viscous flows with free boundaries and contact lines (D. Peschka, M. H. Farshbaf Shaker, M. Thomas, A. Zafferi).
OverviewResearch goal of the group is the development of mathematical methods for systems with bulk-interface processes for the
The analytical results form the basis for the development of numerical algorithms supporting simulations for applications with bulk-interface interaction.
Currently, the following applications are treated within the group:
|Mechanical stresses and progression of damage for a tension test with a notched bar using a BV-regularized damage model||Cross-section through a laser-device: The optically active germanium region displays the hole currents (colors) and the contour lines of the main mode (red lines)||P1 FEM solution of free boundary problem showing thin droplets sliding down an inclined plane|