|Organizing committee: |
The workshop is organized by Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and
Stochastics, supported by DFG Research Center Matheon and SFB 555.
The workshop will gather physicists and mathematicians working in the field of complex
dynamics and coupled systems of different nature: optoelectronics, neuroscience, etc. The main goal of the
workshop is to discuss new interdisciplinary approaches, which arise in this field. A particular attention
will be paid to the effects of summetry and coupling topology on the dynamics.
The main topics include:
- coupled systems in optoelectronics and neuroscience
- synchronization and chaos in coupled systems
- delayed feedback control
- delay induced dynamical effects
Deadline for registration: September 30, 2008
P. Ashwin (Exeter)
F. Atay (Leipzig)
M. Hasler (Lausanne)
T. Kapitaniak (Łódź)
L. Larger (Besançon)
G. Medvedev (Philadelphia)
A. Pikovsky (Potsdam)
A. Politi (Florence)
O. Popovych (Jülich)
K. Pyragas (Vilnius)
M. Rosenblum (Potsdam)
M. Timme (Göttingen)
A. Torcini (Florence)
- Apart from the plenary talks, there will be a limited number of
contributed talks. For contributed talks, please submit your abstract before September 30, 2008.
LOCATION & ACCOMODATION
- The workshop takes place in the Erhard-Schmidt lecture room at Weierstrass
Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS), Mohrenstrasse 39, 10117
- The lecture room is equipped with a blackboard, two overhead projectors, and a
beamer with a laptop (Windows system) as well as intranet and internet.
- For more details about the workshop location click here.
- Infomation on accommodation possibilities is available here.
- The Workshop Dinner is held in the Bavarian Restaurant Maximilian's on Tuesday November
18, 2008 at 6:30 p.m..
- Restaurant Maximilian's is situated in 185 - 190 Friedrichstrasse in 10117
Berlin-Mitte (city map).
- For further information about the restaurant please see Maximilian's homepage.
- If you would like to attend the workshop please register using our ONLINE
- The registration fee is 50.00 EUR (to be paid cash at the registration desk).
Registration deadline: September 30, 2008.
(Updated August 05, 2009)