We are pleased to announce the joint international multidisciplinary workshop MURPHYS-HSFS-2014. The workshop will take place at the Weierstrass Institute (WIAS) in Berlin, Germany, April 7-11, 2014. The workshop will be devoted to mathematical theory and applications of systems with hysteresis and multiple scale systems.
MURPHYS (Multi-Rate Processes and Hysteresis) is the 7th workshop that continues a series of biennial conferences. MURPHYS focuses on multiple scale, singular perturbation, phase transition and hysteresis phenomena occurring in mathematical, physical, economical, engineering and information systems.
HSFS (Hysteresis and Slow-Fast Systems) is the follow-up of a workshop organized in the framework of the Collaborative Research Center 910 (Berlin). HSFS focuses on reaction-diffusion equations with hysteresis, systems with different temporal and spatial scales, and applications to self-organizing nonlinear systems.
- December, 2013: Original end of registration period.
- January, 2014: End of extended registration period.
- January 31th, 2014: Notifications about final decision of acceptance of contributed talks and participation sent.
- March 7th, 2014: End of early bird period. For payments received in this period, the conference fee is reduced to the early bird rate of 200€.
- March 8th, 2014: Starting with this date, the standard conference fee of 230€ applies.
7th, 2014: ,
- Registration desk opens at 8.30,
- Begin of the Workshop at 10:00
- April 11th, 2014: End of the Workshop at 13:00
- June 30th, 2014: End of submission period for proceedings contribution
Main topics covered in MURPHYS-HSFS-2014:
· hysteresis phenomena
· multiple scale systems
· self-organizing nonlinear systems
· rate-independent systems and energetic solutions
· spatially discrete systems
· singular perturbations
· noise and fluctuations in systems with memory
· phase transitions
· stochastic and coherence resonances
· applications to physical, chemical, biological, economical, and engineering sciences, in particular (but not restricted to):
elasto-plasticity and mechanical structures, damage processes, magnetic materials, photonics and optoelectronics, energy storage systems, hydrology, ecoepidemiology
This joint workshop is organized by:
Main speakers (confirmed only):
- Markus Bär, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, Berlin, Germany
- Martin Brokate, Technische Universität München, Munich, Germany
- Thomas Erneux, Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Gary Friedman, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA
- Leonid Kalachev, University of Montana, Missoula, USA
- Barbara Kaltenbacher, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Sabine Klapp, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Pavel Krejčí, Institute of Mathematics AS CR, Praha, Czech Republic
- Isaak Mayergoyz, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- Alexander Mielke, Weierstrass Institute, Berlin, Germany
- Felix Otto, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig, Germany
- Eckehard Schöll, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Vladimir Sobolev, Samara State Aerospace University, Russia
- Jürgen Sprekels, Weierstrass Institute, Berlin, Germany
- Augusto Visintin, University of Trento, Italy
Invited speakers (confirmed only):
D. Apushkinskaya (Germany), M. Dimian (Romania), M. Eleuteri (Italy), J. Kopfova (Czech Republic), C. Kuehn (Austria), A. Kuznetsov (USA), A. Marciniak-Czochra (Germany), N. Nefedov (Russia), D. Rachinskii (Ireland/USA), R. Rossi (Italy), N. Rozow (Russia), S. Sazhin (United Kingdom), E. A. Shchepakina (Russia), A. Stancu (Romania), U. Stefanelli (Austria)
International steering committee:
M. Brokate (Germany), R. Cross (UK), K. Dahmen (USA), M. Dimian (Romania), G. Friedman (USA), P. Gurevich (Germany), A. Ivanyi (Hungary), L. Kalachev (USA), O. Klein (Germany), D. Knees (Germany), P. Krejčí (Czech Republic), A. Neishtadt (UK), R. O’Malley (USA), N. Popovic (UK), D. Rachinskii (Ireland/USA), S. Sazhin (England), V. Sobolev (Russia), S. Tikhomirov (Germany), C. Visone (Italy)
International scientific program committee:
S. Alonso (Germany), A. Amann (Ireland), P. Andrei (USA), Z. Balanov (USA), E. Benoit (France), M. Brøns (Denmark), D. Flockerzi (Germany), V. Goldshtein (Israel), R. Iyer (USA), A. Korobeinikov (Spain), I. Mayergoyz (USA), A. Mielke (Germany), P. O’Kane (Ireland), E. A. Shchepakina (Russia), J. Sprekels (Germany), A. Stancu (Romania), M. Thomas (Germany), A. Visintin (Italy)
Co-Chairpersons of MURPHYS-HSFS-2014:
- Olaf Klein, Weierstrass Institute, Berlin, Germany
- Mihai Dimian, Stefan cel Mare University, Suceava, Romania
- Pavel Gurevich, Free University Berlin, Germany
- Dorothee Knees, Weierstrass Institute, Berlin, Germany
- Dmitrii Rachinskii, University College Cork, Ireland and The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Sergey Tikhomirov, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig, Germany
Further information can be found at the website of the workshop:
We look forward to meeting you in Berlin.
Address: WIAS, Dr. Olaf Klein, Mohrenstrasse 39, 10117 Berlin, Germany.
Tel: ++49 (0) 30 20372 533, Fax: ++49 (0) 30 20372 303