Weierstrass Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS) in Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (http://www.wias-berlin.de) is a research institute of the Leibniz Association. WIAS engages in project-oriented research in Applied Mathematics and ranks among the leading research institutions worldwide in the study of the mathematical aspects of the following main application areas:
- Nano- and optoelectronics
- Optimization and control of technological processes
- Phase transitions and multifunctional materials
- Flow and transport processes in continua
- Random phenomena in nature and economy.
WIAS offers postgraduate fellowships for 2014. Their duration is six or twelve months. These fellowships are designed to enable highly-qualified young scientists to participate in the research into the mathematical problems in the above fields, thus furthering their education and training.
The fellowships can be started anytime in the year.
Application deadlines: August 31, 2014 and February 28, 2015. The decision on the applications will be taken within six weeks.
Value: The monthly stipend is 1.828 Euro. In well-founded cases, travel allowances may be paid, if a special application is made.
Qualifications for application: Applicants should hold a PhD in a subject relevant to one of the above fields. It is required that the candidates will have a good command of the German or English language.
Documents to be submitted with the application (in German or English):
- Curriculum vitae
- PhD certificate
- List of publications
- Summary of research activities to date and proposed research program
- Two letters of recommendation to be sent separately to the address given below
Applications should only via e-mail (in one PDF file) be sent to: