Prof. Dr. Marita Thomas
|Since August 2022||Professor (W2) for Applied Analysis at Freie Universität Berlin.|
|Since April 2017||Head of the Weierstrass group Bulk-Interface Processes at the Weierstrass Institute.|
|Winter term 19/20||Substitute professorship for Analysis at the University of Kassel.|
|Jan. 2010-March 2017||Member of the research group Partial Differential Equations at the Weierstrass Institute.|
|Since March 2016||representative of the Gesellschaft für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik (GAMM) at Weierstrass Institute.|
|Jan. 13-Dec. 15||Member of the GAMM Juniors; elected speaker of the GAMM Juniors in 2015.|
|Sept. 11-Sept. 12||Fellowship in the program Leibniz-Mentoring of the Leibniz Association.|
|Jan. 07-Dec. 09||PhD student in the RTG 1128 at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Advisor: Prof. Dr. Alexander Mielke.
|Apr. 06-Dec. 06||Research fellow at the
of Applied Analysis and Numerical
Simulation, University of Stuttgart.
Project C5 Stress singularites in heterogeneous materials, SFB 404 Multifield Problems in Continuum Mechanics.
Advisor: Prof. Dr. A.-M. Sändig.
|Oct. 01-Apr. 06||Study of Mathematics (Diplom, application: chemistry) at the
University of Stuttgart.
Thesis advisor: Prof. Dr. A.-M. Sändig.
- Material modeling
- Damage and fracture mechanics
- Coupling of optoelectronics with thermomechanics,
- Variational methods, Gamma-convergence, functions of bounded variation
- Materials with discontinuities on many scales (07/22-06/26): project B09 in cooperation with M. Heida (WIAS) within CRC 1114 Scaling Cascades in Complex Systems
- Interface dynamics: Bridging stochastic and hydrodynamic descriptions (07/22-06/26): project C02 in cooperation with R. Netz (Physics, FU Berlin) and R. Patterson (WIAS) within CRC 1114 Scaling Cascades in Complex Systems
- Dynamics of rock dehydration on multiple scales (07/22-06/26): project C09 in cooperation with T. John (Petrology, FU Berlin) within CRC 1114 Scaling Cascades in Complex Systems
- Variational methods for viscoelastic flows and gelation (01/2021-12/2022): project AA2-9 in cooperation with D. Peschka, B. Wagner (both WIAS), M. Rosenau (GFZ Potsdam) within the Berlin Mathematics Research Center MATH+.
- Nonlinear Fracture Dynamics: Modeling, Analysis, Approximation, and Applications (07/2020-06/2023): project in cooperation with C. Wieners (KIT) and K. Weinberg (U Siegen) within the DFG Priority Programme SPP 2256 "Variational Methods for Predicting Complex Phenomena in Engineering Structures and Materials."
- Modeling and analysis of suspension flows (01/2019-12/2020): project AA2-4 in cooperation with D. Peschka, B. Wagner (both WIAS), V. Mehrmann (TU Berlin), M. Rosenau (GFZ Potsdam) within the Berlin Mathematics Research Center MATH+.
- Dynamics of rock dehydration on multiple scales (07/18-06/22): project C09 in cooperation with T. John (Petrology, FU Berlin) within CRC 1114 Scaling Cascades in Complex Systems
- Reliability of efficient approximation schemes for material discontinuities described by functions of bounded variation (07/2018-11/2021): project in cooperation with S. Bartels (U Freiburg) within the DFG Priority Programme SPP 1748 "Reliable Simulation Techniques in Solid Mechanics. Development of Non-standard Discretisation Methods, Mechanical and Mathematical Analysis."
- Modeling, analysis, and optimization of optoelectronic semiconductor devices driven by experimental data (06/2017-12/2018): MATHEON project OT8 funded by ECMath - Einstein Center for Mathematics Berlin.
- Finite element approximation of functions of bounded variation and application to models of damage, fracture, and plasticity (10/2014-06/2018): project in cooperation with S. Bartels (U Freiburg) within the DFG Priority Programme SPP 1748 "Reliable Simulation Techniques in Solid Mechanics. Development of Non-standard Discretisation Methods, Mechanical and Mathematical Analysis."
- Mathematical Modeling, Analysis, and Optimization of Strained Germanium-Microbridges (06/2014-05/2017): MATHEON project OT1 funded by ECMath - Einstein Center for Mathematics Berlin, in cooperation with M. Hintermüller (HU Berlin), Th. Surowiec (HU Berlin) and A. Mielke.
Organization of Schools, Workshops & Minisymposia
- Analysis I and BMS-Seminar on Variational Methods and Gamma-Convergence, WiSe22/23, Freie Universität Berlin.
- Analysis 1: Mathematik für Physiker*innen I, SoSe22, Freie Universität Berlin.
- Course on Functional Analysis and course on Nonlinear Functional Analysis, WiSe19/20, University of Kassel.
- Coupling of rate-independent and rate-dependent systems , Summer School on Multi-Rate Processes, Slow-Fast Systems and Hysteresis, Politecnico di Torino.
- BMS-course Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations WiSe17/18, HU-Berlin.
- BMS-course Partial Differential Equations SoSe17, HU-Berlin.
- Seminar Evolutionary Gamma-Convergence in Continuum Mechanics, WiSe16/17, HU-Berlin.
- Winter school on Gamma-convergence and homogenization in continuum mechanics, Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2016, VIASM Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics , Hanoi, Vietnam; course on Gamma-convergence methods for statics and evolution
- BMS-course Evolution Problems in Continuum Mechanics SoSe16, HU-Berlin.
- Vorlesung Höhere Analysis II -- Partielle Differentialgleichungen SoSe12, HU-Berlin.
- COMMAS Summer School, Oct. 8-12, 2012: Mathematical Methods in Continuum Mechanics of Solids, University of Stuttgart.
Last modified: 2022-11-28 by Marita Thomas