3rd Leibniz MMS Days
February 28 - March 2, 2018
We would like to thank all the participants of the Leibniz MMS Days 2018 for making this workshop a successful and productive event. We look forward to seeing you next year, for the fourth Leibniz MMS Days Workshop.
PresentationsYou can find recordings of the presented talks together with the slides at the TIB AV-Portal.
PostersYou may find the presented posters here.
Picture GallerySome impressions of the workshop can be seen here.
- Neil Chue Hong (Software Sustainability Institute / University of Edinburgh): Managing research software development - better software, better research
- Tijana Janjic Pfander (Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) / Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München): Challenges of atmospheric data assimilation
- Klaus Kroy (Leipzig University): Why is the desert not flat? The interesting physics of windblown sand.
The workshop did comprise general plenary discussions on:
- MMS related topics at large.
- Future of scholary research communication (Resarch Data, Reproducibility, Model representation, FAIR Principles, Software citation).
- Handling of large datasets: infrastructures and software technologies.
- Best Practices in Research Software Engineering, Report from FORCE 11.
and smaller groups focused on the scientific topics:
WIAS, Knowledge Transfer
Mohrenstraße 39, D-10117 Berlin,
Phone: +49-30 20372-582
IOM, Technology Transfer and Public Relations
Permoserstr. 15, 04318 Leipzig
Phone: +49 341 235-3175
Permoser Str. 15, 04318 Leipzig
Phone: +49 341 2717-7055