- Stochastic particle systems, large deviations and statistical mechanics
- Chemical reactions, coagulation, fragmentation and the Smoluchowski equation
- PDE's, variational calculus and gradient structures
In the summer 2018 I taught convex analysis
at the TU Berlin. The lecture notes and exercises can be found here
- Lecture notes 1 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 2 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 3 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 4 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 5 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 6 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 7 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 8 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 9 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 10 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 11 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 12 with exercises,
- Lecture notes 13 with exercises.
- M. Heida, R.I.A. Patterson and D.R.M. Renger, Topologies and measures on the space of functions of bounded variation taking values in a Banach or metric space. Journal of Evolution Equations 19, 1 (2019). (Click here for the view-only version.)
- D.R.M. Renger, Gradient and GENERIC systems in the space of fluxes, applied to reacting particle systems. Entropy, special issue "Probability Distributions and Maximum Entropy in Stochastic Chemical Reaction Networks" 20, 8 (2018). See also:
D.R.M. Renger, Generalised Gradient Systems and GENERIC in Flux Space. Oberwolfach Report 1746 (2018).
- D.R.M. Renger, Flux large deviations of independent and reacting particle systems, with implications for Macroscopic Fluctuation Theory. Journal of Statistical Physics 172, 5 (2018).
- P. Koltai and D.R.M. Renger, From large deviations to semidistances of transport and mixing: coherence analysis for finite Lagrangian data. Journal of Nonlinear Science 28, 5 (2018).
- A. Mielke, R.I.A. Patterson, M.A. Peletier and D.R.M. Renger, Non-equilibrium thermodynamical principles for chemical reactions with mass-action kinetics. SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics 77, 4 (2017).
- M. Liero, A. Mielke, M.A. Peletier and D.R.M. Renger, On microscopic origins of generalized gradient structures.
Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series S 10, 1 (2017).
- A. Mielke, M. A. Peletier, and D.R.M. Renger, A generalization of Onsager's reciprocity relations to gradient flows with nonlinear mobility. Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics 41, 2 (2016).
- M. Erbar, J. Maas and D.R.M. Renger, From large deviations to Wasserstein gradient flows in multiple dimensions. Electronic Communications in Probability 20, 89 (2015).
- A. Mielke, M. A. Peletier, D.R.M. Renger, On the relation between gradient flows and the large-deviation principle, with applications to Markov chains and diffusion. Potential Analysis 41, 4 (2014).
- M. Duong, V. Laschos and M. Renger, Wasserstein gradient flows from large deviations of many-particle limits. ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations 19, 4 (2013).
- M.A. Peletier, D.R.M. Renger and M. Veneroni, Variational formulation of the Fokker-Planck equation with decay: a particle approach. Communications in Contemporary Mathematics 15, 5 (2013).
- J.H.M. Evers, D. Kiss, W. Kowalczyk, T. Navilarekallu, M. Renger, L. Sella, V. Timperio, A. Viorel, A.C.C. van Wijk and A.N. Yzelman, Node counting in wireless ad-hoc networks. Proceedings of the 79th European Study Group Mathematics with Industry, Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2012).
Publications (collaboration engineering)
In 2008, I researched topics in "collaboration engineering" at the Systems Engineering Section
of the TU Delft. Click here to show/hide these publications
- A.S. Read, M. Renger, R.O. Briggs and G.J. de Vreede. Fundamental topics of organizing: a research agenda. Proceedings of the 42nd Hawaiian International Conference on System Sciences, Los Alamitos, CA, USA (2009).
- M. Renger, G.L. Kolfschoten and G.J. de Vreede. Using interactive whiteboard technology to support collaborative modeling. Groupware: Design, Implementation, and Use - 14th International Workshop (CRIWG), Omaha, NE, USA (2008).
- M. Renger, G.L. Kolfschoten and G.J. de Vreede. Challenges in collaborative modeling: a literature review. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing: Advances in Enterprise Engineering I, Berlin/Heidelberg, Germany (2008).
- M. Renger, G.L. Kolfschoten and G.J. de Vreede. Patterns in collaborative modeling: a literature review. Proceedings of Group Decision & Negotiation, Coimbra, Portugal (2008).
Organization of events
- 28 July 2017: "Was sind und was sollen die Zahlen?", Tag der Mathematik at Universität Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany.
- 22 April 2017: "Wie man nicht-differenzierbare Funktionen differenzieren kann", Tag der Mathematik at Humboldt-Universität, Berlin, Germany.
- 15 April 2016: "The truth is out there... it's called math!", Nerd Nite Greatest Hits - Five years of Talks and Beers at Felix Meritis, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 9 May 2015: "Minimierung in unendlich vielen Dimensionen", Tag der Mathematik at Beuth Hochschule, Berlin, Germany.
- 6 June 2014: Here is my talk "Infinity: imagining the unimaginable", Nerd Nite XVII at Crea Muziekzaal, Amsterdam, the Netherlands:
- 17 May 2014: "Die Entropie von unendlich vielen Molekülen", Tag der Mathematik at Technische Universität, Berlin, Germany.
- 10 May 2014: "Unendlichtkeit", 14. Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften at Geschäftsstelle der Leibniz-Gemeinschaft, Berlin, Germany.