The Leibniz Network "Mathematical Modeling and Simulation" invites to the fourth Leibniz MMS Days hosted by the Leibniz-Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) in Kühlungsborn.
The Workshop aims to further develop the MMS networking activities in the different Institutes, presenting undergoing work using modern methods of MMS and creating a plattform for discussion on themes of specific and general interest.
- Klaus Neymeyr (University of Rostock): How nonnegative matrix factorizations can help to decompose spectral mixture data
- Fabian Theis (TU Munich / Helmholtz Zentrum München): Machine learning in single cell genomics
- Juha Vierinen (The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø): Estimation of the mesospheric wind field correlation and structure functions using multistatic specular meteor radars
Lectures will be scheduled from Wednesday (March 20) morning until Friday (March 22) noon. A poster session will be held on Wednesday evening. A conference dinner will be organized on Thurday evening.
The workshop will comprise general plenary discussions on:
- MMS related topics at large.
- Research Software Engineering.
- Knowledge Infrastructures, Research Data, Reproducibility, Open Science, Data Science
and parallel sessions on the scientific topics
- Deadline for Registration and Abstract Submission: January 27, 2019
- Deadline for payment of the early bird registration fee of 70€ : February 12, 2019